European House #24, Cheung Chau [????- ] | Gwulo: Old Hong Kong

European House #24, Cheung Chau [????- ]

From A-brief-history-of-MIC.pdf:

On the 26 Nov 1926 the bungalow, No 24 Chung Chau, was sold by Randall Vickers and Mabel R Vickers to the Missionary Society in ‘natural love and affection’. Now known as Wesley Lodge, and it is part of the Methodist Church, Hong Kong.

http://www.hk-mic.org/120th-anniversary-booklet-download/

Photos that show this place

Comments

The outline of the building on the modern map looks very similar to the outline on the 1930s map. Compare

http://gwulo.com/node/20796?a=1#19/22.20272/114.03166/Map_by_ESRI-Marker...

and

http://gwulo.com/node/20796?a=2#19/22.20272/114.03166/Map_by_ESRI-1938_C...

Also the satellite view shows what looks to be the shadows of chimneys on a flat roof, which matches the view in the old photos.

If true, is this the last of the pre-war European houses still standing?

The brick facing is a modern addition:

Wesley Lodge
Wesley Lodge, by mellor1949

But the arch and pillar on the right look the same as in this photo from the 1950s:

HK 051.jpg
HK 051.jpg, by Scott Boyle