|Pre-order the new Gwulo book today to get
special price, free shipping, signed copies, and a free sample
Details and how to order
My photo appears rotated. How do I fix it?
Sometimes you have a photo that looks fine on your phone / camera / computer, but when you upload it to Gwulo it is turned on its side. (This usually happens with photos taken in portrait- rather than landscape-orientation).
Here's a workaround that has worked for me. I'm using the Chrome Web browser on a PC.
- Go to the page for the offending photo. Its url will look something like http://gwulo.com/atom/13496
- Click "Edit".
- Next to the thumbnail copy of your photo you'll see the filename of your photo shown in blue. It's a link to your photo file on Gwulo.
- Right-click the link, and save a copy of the file to your computer.
- Switch to Windows Explorer and go to the directory where you saved the file.
- Rotate it so it shows correctly. (In Windows Explorer you can right-click the image file, and then choose "Rotate clockwise" or "Rotate counterclockwise" as appropriate.)
- Go back to the web browser, which should still show the "Edit" page.
- Click "Remove" to remove the wrongly rotated photo.
- Click "Choose File", and select the file on your PC you rotated in step 6.
- Click "Upload", and check that the photo now displays correctly.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Finish", to save your changes to the website.