How do I add a "Place" page to Gwulo.com?
Before you start...
Have a quick look at the 'Map of Places', to see if anyone else has already created a page for the Place you're thinking about. Not there? Then here's how to add your new page:
1. Log in.
2. Create the new Place
2.1 First time
- Click here to open the 'Create Place' window.
- Then in the 'Name:' box, type in the name of this Place, eg Mandarin Hotel, Tai Mo Shan, etc.
- In the 'Location' box, click the map to add a marker showing where this Place is located. You can click and drag the marker to move it to the right location.
- Scroll down, and at the bottom of the screen you'll see a 'Save' button. Click the 'Save' button, and you've successfully created the new Place.
2.2 Add more information
After you've created the Place, you can click the 'Edit' tab at any time to go back and add more information. eg
- 'Current condition'. Click on the option that best describes the current condition of this Place.
- If this Place is a building, and you know the dates it was completed and/or demolished, you can fill them in in the 'Date Place completed: / demolished:' boxes.
- If you can tell us anything more about the building, please let us know in the 'Notes:' box.
Scroll down, and at the bottom of the screen you'll see a 'Save' button. Click the 'Save' button, and you've successfully updated the Place.
3. Check it appears on the map
If you want to check everything worked ok, please view the Map of Places again. The new Place you created should appear on the map.
4. Any problems?
Please leave a comment below if you run into any problems.
5. The next time
Any time you want to add a new Place, just look at the 'Directory' menu on the left of the screen. In the 'Places & buildings' section click the 'create' link to go straight to the screen to add a new Place.