(You'll need to log in to see this feature.)
On some pages you'll see a new "Add a connection" block on the right of the screen. Initially it appears on each "Person" page.
It lets you define connections with other pages on the site. The first types of connections are to show the family relationships between two people, eg:
- Person A is child of Person B
- Person A is parent of Person C
- Person A is spouse of Person D
As you'd expect, if you add a connection showing Person A is child of Person B, then a second connection is automatically created showing that Person B is parent of Person A.
The connections are shown below the notes for each Person. You can see examples on the page for Lily Morris.
How to add a connection
Adding a new connection is easy:
- Click on "Select connection type", and choose the type of connection you want to add.
- In the "To:" box, start typing the name of the page you'll connect to. A list of matches appears. Click on the name of the page you want to connect to.
- Click the "Add connection" button.
The page is updated and the new connection is shown under "Connections:".
This is an important new feature for Gwulo, as it separates adding connections from adding content.
Take photos as an example. Previously, only the person who uploaded the photo could add to the list of "Places shown in this photo". But the people who add content (eg new photos) aren't always the same as the people who can identify connections with other content on Gwulo (eg people and buildings that appear in a photo.)
This new feature will allow anyone to add those connections between pages, not just the person who created the page.
Please try it out, and let me know if anything isn't clear or if anything doesn't work as expected.