A rare early photograph of Hong Kong showing the Canton Bazaar on the south side of the road opposite Fletchers' Godown. The Military Hospital and the harbour lies beyond
Angus Fletcher was a British businessman and member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong. Fletcher was made Justice of the Peace in 1855. He was appointed member of the Legislative Council on 10 December 1860 in room of George Lyall who resigned on leaving Hong Kong. He resigned his seat on the Legislative Council in 1862 and subsequently replaced by Charles Wilson Murray.
The No. 4 Police station may also be one of the buildings in this picture
Original Print here. Courtesy of Wattis Fine Art: not for printed publication.