Three-storey building on Queen's Road at western edge of Wellington Barracks/Howe Block [c.1845-c.1972]

Submitted by Klaus on Mon, 01/15/2024 - 00:25
Current condition
Demolished / No longer exists
Date completed
(Day, Month, & Year are approximate.)
Date closed / demolished
(Day, Month, & Year are approximate.)

The building was one of three of Wellington Barracks, built in the 1840s.  On the 1856 map, the building is labelled “Engineers”.  After WW2, the building was named Howe Block. 

Howe Block was demolished around 1972 for the straightening of Queensway, it does not appear on the 1973 map on


Photos that show this Place