Three-storey building on Queen's Road at eastern edge of Wellington Barracks [????-????]

Submitted by David on Sat, 08/05/2017 - 01:29
Current condition
Demolished / No longer exists

Position of marker is approximate. It's the three-storey building behind the tram in this photo:

1920s Cable Car over Queensway
1920s Cable Car over Queensway, by moddsey

Photos that show this Place

Comments

This is one of the three original blocks that made up the Wellington barracks complex. There was a longer main building set back from the road then two shorter buildings on either side built right up to the road. On the 1950's map the western building was named Howe and the eastern one, which appears in the above photo, was named Nelson. A photo taken by Beato in 1860 showing all three:

Canton Bazaar on the south side of the road opposite Fletche's' Godown.
Canton Bazaar on the south side of the road opposite Fletche's' Godown. , by Felice Beato