Demolished / No longer exists
Vol 15 No 25, 21st June 1842
Since Pottinger arrived he has had a fresh-fish market built in Hong Kong. There is also Major Malcolm’s Canton Bazaar for other provisions.
Malcolm’s Bazaar was built on one of the lots sold by Johnstone to an English company in the early days. When the buyer could not produce evidence of ownership, the lot reverted to government, which did not want it and it was sold a second time, on this occasion to Malcolm, who built the Bazaar.