New on Gwulo: 2019, week 39
A look at what's new on Gwulo.com. Please click on the photos or the blue links for more information - and please leave a comment if you can add any new details.
- Notes & photos of Royal Navy ships that were here in Hong Kong: HMS Titania, HMS Victor Emmanuel
- If you've read the first Gwulo book and you have a login on any of the following websites, please could you take a moment to leave a rating there: Amazon, Goodreads, Google. Thank you!
- Some tips if you've been having trouble accessing the old HK newspapers on MMIS.
- Thanks to Bill and Kathy who've added several more months of W J Carrie's wartime diary to the Gwulo website. If you can help add more, please send me an email (email@example.com). I'll reply with the text and instructions - it'll take around 30 minutes of your time to copy & paste them online.
- If you enjoyed last week's newsletter about the Navy's dry dock, Stephen's comments add several corrections and lots more information about the scene.
- Klaus has OCR'd a copy of the 1894 Public Works Department Annual Report and uploaded it for all to use
- Section No. 6, Praya Reclamation [1903- ], the section between Wing Wo Street and Pedder Street
- 60 - 70 Des Voeux Road Central [????-c.1955]
- Bell tower (Campanile) of the Roman Catholic Cathedral [1904-1947]
- Hong Kong Electric Power Station - Wanchai [1890-1922]
- Aidan asks for directions to get to Pillbox 29 near the American Club
- William George BLAKE [c.1834-c.1898]
- Denis BRAY [1926-2005]
- Rose LANDAU (née BRASILEVSKY, aka Rosie) [????-????]
- Siegfried Szarfstein RAMLER (aka Ram) [????-????]
- Cedric Salter, HKAAF
- Nancy YIP [????-????]
- Stanley Camp internees
- Alfred Ernest GLOVER [c.1887-????]
Click to see all recently added photos.