HMS Titania was a submarine depot ship, often seen in Hong Kong during 1919-1929, when she was part of the 4th Submarine Flotilla. The flotilla also included a second depot ship, HMS Ambrose, and 13 L-class submarines: L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6, L7, L8, L9, L15, L19, L20 and L33.
Wikipedia has a good page about HMS Titania. Here are some of the key dates mentioned there:
- 1915: Titania is launched & commissioned.
- 1919: Assigned to the 4th Submarine Flotilla.
- 1920: Arrives in Hong Kong on 14 April 1920.
- 1929: Leaves Hong Kong, arriving back in the UK in 1930.
- 1949: Titania is broken up at Faslane.
View more photos tagged HMS Titania. If you add any photos of this ship to Gwulo, please give them the tag HMS Titania.