A summary of what's new and updated on Gwulo:
Looking for information about:
- Kwok-wing CHENG [1914-????], member of the BAAG
AlastairAlexander Morrison, Senior Superintendent of Police, a brother-in-law to Hedda Morrison the photographer?
- Peruvians in Hong Kong in the 1940s
- Lewis BUSH [????-????], spoke fluent Japanese, was initially interned, later moved to POW camp then to Japan
- Boadicea CHURCH (aka Betty) [1906-????]
- Edward MOW FUNG [c.1884-1936]
- Conner has uploaded a list of all the children in Stanley Camp
- William Thomas MANLEY [1893-1980]
|If you're free this Friday, 25th, please join us for a quiz night about old Hong Kong photos and those odd historical items found on our streets. All are welcome.
- Residents of Altadena on Barker Road from ‘53-61
- Wanchai Roman Catholic Burial Ground and St. Francis Xavier chapel
- Pillbox 022, Stanley Bay [1939- ]
- Peak Mansions [1928-1990] in the 1940s-50s
- Kwai Chung Eastern Sea Industrial Building 葵涌東海大廈 [1975- ]
- Kowloon rifle ranges [c.1910-????]
- Can you tell us whether the PWD workshops near the KCR engine sheds used the old CLP power station building?
- Do you remember the record rainfall in 1957?
- When was the Hong Kong POW Association active?
- Comments to the recent Rennie's Mill photo share memories of the area, and details of the ship-breaking industry there.
- Prince of Wales visit in 1922
- Following Rob's article about the old blockhouses, Tim has uploaded the first photo we've seen of one
- Historic flags in the Marine Police Headquarters - a Japanese wartime flag, and one from the ship Queen Elizabeth
Click to see all recently added photos.