2015-11 RTHK's Hong Kong Heritage - Harlech & Hatton Roads
Join us for a walk along Harlech and Hatton Roads, chatting about their history. Here's the link to listen to the show: http://podcast.rthk.hk/podcast/item_epi.php?pid=164&lang=en-US&id=63273
I'll include links to more information and photos below, with the time as it is shown on the podcast player. You can click on any photo to see a larger view and more information about the scene.
Thanks to Annemarie for inviting me on to her weekly show, Hong Kong Heritage.
00:35 - David Bellis - Walk along Harlech and Hatton Roads
- 01:55 - Mount Austin Barracks, http://gwulo.com/node/3689
- 02:05 - Rifle Range on Harlech Road: http://gwulo.com/node/2405
- 03:55 - Cold-weather butterflies in Hong Kong: http://butterflyclub.greenpower.org.hk/eng/article.php?id=15 (I got the colours wrong!)
- 04:25 - The butts, where the rifle targets were set up: http://gwulo.com/node/2359
- 05:55 - Japanese wartime tunnels in Hong Kong: http://gwulo.com/japanese-wartime-tunnels-hong-kong, and what it's like inside a tunnel:
- 08:35 - Artillery Observation Post at the end of Harlech Road, http://gwulo.com/node/1942
- 09:00 - War Department Boundary Stones along Harlech Road, http://gwulo.com/hong-kong-war-department-boundary-stones
- 09:30 - Pinewood Battery, http://gwulo.com/pinewood-battery Wartime damage still visible:
- 12:05 - Victoria Battery at Hong Kong University, http://gwulo.com/node/11047
- 12:50 - The Position Finding Cell at Lung Fu Shan, http://gwulo.com/node/12271
- 14:10 - Victoria City boundary stones, http://gwulo.com/hong-kong-victoria-city-boundary
14:45 - In the news 100 years ago - Ungentlemanly behaviour on the football pitch!
16:40 - Jonathan Wattis - Robert Crisp Hurley, the man and his photographs
- The exhibition at Wattis Fine Art: http://www.wattis.com.hk/exhibitions/current-exhibition/31/
- Examples of Robert Crisp Hurley's photographs:
25:40 - David Bellis - Rebuild the KCR Terminus!
- 25:55 - The 3-D model I showed Annemarie:
- More information about the project to build a 3-D model of the old KCR Terminus Building at: http://gwulo.com/node/29441