New on Gwulo: 2018, week 16
A summary of what's new and updated on Gwulo:
Looking for information about:
- Kenneth BODIE (aka Ken) [1916-1969]
- Henry ELGAR [c.1816-1852]
- Alexander KINNEAR (aka Sandy) [1898-1954], policeman & Stanley Camp internee
- Francis Parkman KNIGHT [????-1880], US Consulate officer
- John Johnstone PATERSON (aka JJ) [1886-1971]
- Makan SINGH [????-????], dockyard policeman, POW
- Harry TYLER [c.1917-2000], policeman, Stanley internee
- Lo Wu Army Camp [????- ????]
- Palos Pier. Observation spot of Commander Green U.S.Navy [????-????], where Green established an accurate value for Hong Kong's longitude.
- Lai Yuen (Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park) Cinemas 1-5 / 荔園劇場 [1950-1997]
- Prison Officers Club, Stanley [????- ]
- A cobra bite at Mount Nicholson Government Quarters [1962-2011]
- Free copies of Peter Hall's book "In the web" about Hong Kong's Eurasian families are available to download at https://gwulo.com/node/40833
- The Gwulo book is now available to buy at the Swindon Book Co. in TST.
- 1850/60's Praya Reclamation - Buildings along the new shoreline
Click to see all recently added photos.