INTRO: As Tiger Balm Garden was a favourite tourist destination, we have many photos showing the squatter village. The village is also mentioned several times in Dam at Haw Par Stream [????- ] and other posts.
Everything tagged: Tai Hang
As an avid hiker I stumbled on a trail that leads from Mount Butler Road down to the valley creek which runs in a South Western direction from Tiger Balm to the quarry by Jardine's lookout.
There's a myriad of terraces, relicts, overgrown trails, stairs, which seem to have not been visited for decades. Even the trails from Various map sources were
very hard to find if not existing anymore. We def ended crashing through the undergrowth to reach the creek which wasnt without danger.
House built on IL 3289.
Public Works Department (source: HKGRO) announced on 13th November, 1931 the sale of IL 3289 located at "The new Road from Tai Hang to Stubbs Road" with contents of 158.000 sq. feet. The auction was scheduled for Monday, 30th November 1931, 3 p.m.
Probably the new house was finished in 1933. It stood less than two decades as is was probably damaged during WWII. On a photo from 1945, the site looks empty. It was replaced by Grandview Mansion in 1955.
Building on IL4223 at 70 Tai Hang Road. Centadata gives 06/1984 as date of first occupation. Trafalgar Court has 60 units on 30 floors.
Building on IL4223 at 70 Tai Hang Road. It was built after demolition of the predecessor in 1962 and demolished in about 1983 to make way for Trafalgar Court. It had 7 floors and was y-shaped (see the 1975 map onhttp://www.hkmaps.hk/mapviewer.html).
Located above the Tai Hang Road hairpin bend, to be correct it's at 1 Wang Fung Terrace.
Centadata quotes first occupation as January 1955. It has 33 units on four floors.
The building at No. 12 School Street was reconstructed in 1949 to replace an earlier pre-war building named “Hung Shing Yi Hok” (孔聖義學, literally, “Confucius free school for the poor”) founded in the late Qing Dynasty. This school was funded by donations of local inhabitants. The most generous patron of the school was Mr.
The original site had been [invaded] by the Legend Towers. These towers had also been famous of emitting awfully greenish light pollution in the evenings.