Morrison Street / Connaught Road Pier for ferries to Mong Kok & Sham Shui Po [????-????] | Gwulo: Old Hong Kong

Morrison Street / Connaught Road Pier for ferries to Mong Kok & Sham Shui Po [????-????]

Current condition: 
Demolished / No longer exists

This pier is shown on Plate 3-5a of Mapping Hong Kong, marked "Ferry to Mong Kok & Sham Shui Po".

On Plate 3-5b it is simply marked "Govt Pier", probably because the ferry services had re-located to the then new Vehicular Ferry Pier between Jubilee Street and Queen Victoria Street.

Tags: 

Photos that show this place

Comments

From : Sham, W. C. (2007). The history of Hong Kong and Yaumati Ferry Company limited, 1923 to the 1970s (Master's thesis, Lingnan University, Hong Kong). Page 33

In January 1919, the Kau Lung Sze Yeuk Kai Fong Ferry Company Limited, the first licenced ferry company, started to operate three ferry routes,
Central Market (Jubilee Street) and Yaumati (Public Square Street),
New Western Market (Morrison Street) and Mong Kok Tsui (Shantung Street),
West Point (Eastern Street) and Sham Shui Po (Nam Cheong Street).

All routes were taken over by HYF later in the 1920's. 

This list shows that there was a ferry pier at Jubilee Street before the new Vehicular Ferry Pier was built.

Thanks for the extra info. This should be the pier described as:

New Western Market (Morrison Street) and Mong Kok Tsui (Shantung Street)