A summary of the last week's new and updated:
Looking for information about:
- Laura Jane DRANSFIELD [????-????] and Shirley Anne HEWITT [c.1931- ], who both lived on Broadwood Road pre-WW2.
- Can you identify anyone in this photo of KGV Prefects 1953-54 (click the photo to see who has already been named):
- James Finch WADDELL [1851-c.1905], a Scottish architect who worked for Taikoo Sugar.
- Peter HUTTON POTTS [1929-1993]
- John Howard MONTGOMERY [1878-1966], doctor and Stanley Camp internee.
- More information discovered about George William STAINFIELD [1841-1920]
- I'm sorry to report that three people connected with Hong Kong's history passed away this week:
- Shek Wu ~ Hang Lok Theatre / 石湖 ~ 行樂戲院 [1957-1997] , a cinema in Sheung Shui
- The Tyndareus Stone [????-1993] that used to stand at the Peak
- Pillbox 208, Fui Yiu Ha [1937-????]
- A visit to the pre-WW2 Ngan Hang Village Machine Gun Positions
- Braemar Reservoir - No. 5 Dam. I thought all traces of the original dam were removed, but a couple of readers have posted photos of some lovely old stonework that still remains, complete with date, inscription, and tunnel.
- Only nine pages left to complete putting the 1925 Jurors List online. Please can you help type up a page?
- Thanks to Howard Elias for giving us a very interesting tour of the Jewish Cemetery last weekend:
- Herostratus has posted full scans of an old photo book: Picturesque Hong Kong 1899
- Remembering the 1937 Typhoon
- Sand Pebbles filming location has been identified
Click to see all recently added photos.