They were originally built on NKIL 1382 as a pair of semi-detached European houses with a mirrored plan. This pair of detached houses wasprobably built in 1931 (the year after the lot was purchased), when Art Deco style was at its peak.
In 1934, the owner of 45 Grampian Road hosted preachers of the Bethel Mission of China which came to Hong Kong from China. The miision rented that house and purchased the adjacent land lot at 47 Grampian Road as a temporary seminary site in 1939. The Seminary was closed during the Japanese Occupation. <Read more ...>
To meet Hong Kong's desperate shortage of housing ( a problem which has never been resolved) the largest reclamation project emabarked upon since Hong Kong's foundation was commenced in Kowloon Bay by the Kai Tak Land Investment Co. , founded in 1912 by Sir Kai Ho-kai ( born as Ho Shan-kai 何栖啟) and property developer Au Tack ( 區德 ) <Read more ...>