Text on Flickr:
The Sacred Hill has almost disappeared. The small garden at the left middle border, containing the Sung Wong Toi stone, is being landscaped. (Source: Noel Hitching RAF) <Read more ...>
Gas holder visible top right between the high-rise buildings.
Photo showing further reclamation to the north of the then Taikoo dockyard area, where highway network extending to Shaukeiwan will soon be developed. <Read more ...>
Gas holder visible top left. <Read more ...>
Text on Flickr: <Read more ...>
Screen shot (at 2:45 min.) f <Read more ...>
Coal Junk bringing first load of coal to Hok Un Power station.
So it's either 1940 when Hok Un opened, or 1945, when it re-opened after WWII. Ma Tau Kok Gasworks are in the back. <Read more ...>
After the closure of Taikoo Dockyards, reclamation started and the area was developed into housing estates. <Read more ...>
Text on Flickr: Green Island Cement Co manager House looted by Jap. (Source: the photographer)
Ma Tau Kok Gas Works and Gas Holder in the back. <Read more ...>
Download free sample chapters, or buy the books:
Click on your area of interest to choose from over 30,000 pages about old Hong Kong:
Or choose a popular article:
Go to: Top of page | Home | What's new