New on Gwulo: 2018, week 37
A summary of what's new and updated on Gwulo:
Looking for information about:
- Captain J T THIRLWELL [????-????]
- Kam-fat LAY [1876-????]
- Hugh Fletcher CARMICHAEL [c.1861-1938] and Harold CLARKE [1873-1904], partners in Carmichael and Clarke., Ltd. [1894- ]
- Stanley Camp internees:
- Rachel has identified several more of the girls in this 1963-4 photo taken at Maryknoll Convent School. Can you add any more names?
- Chan Gardens, Argyle Street [????-????]
- 24 Austin Avenue [????-????]
- Junction of Nathan and Peking Roads [????- ]
- 30-32, Des Voeux Road Central [????-????]
- Middle Road Children's Playground [1932-????]
- Can any readers tell rmann what it was like to be a nurse in Hong Kong in the 1960s?
- The link to Russian Restaurants in last week's What's New didn't work. Here's the correct link to the Russian Restaurants.
- To add to Jill's embroidered egg napkins, Timothy adds this embroidered napkin bought in Hong Kong in 1949:
- Does anyone know the story behind this unusual epitaph?
- Guy Shirra investigates “The Sha Tau Kok Incident”, when five Hong Kong Police officers killed, and eleven others wounded, at the Sha Tau Kok Sino–Hong Kong border village on 8 July 1967.
- Francisco das Caldas (aka Francis Caldas) hopes to hear from classmates in Escola Camoes in the 1960s.
- Peter Paget posted several interesting photos of him as a young boy in Hong Kong in 1940. They've helped answer a nine-year-old mystery here on Gwulo.
Click to see all recently added photos.