Leslie Beal WARREN [1900-1943]
Second son of Charles Edward Warren and Hannah Mabel Warren. Educated in Hong Kong, Canada and England. Articled to Arthur Edwards, Architect and Surveyor, Birmingham, 1919-1923. On the death of his father in June 1923, aged only 23, he took over as managing director of C.E. Warren & Co. Ltd. in Hong Kong with the oversight of John Fleming of Lowe, Bingham and Matthews. Lived at 19 Broadwood Road with his wife Cicely and children, Geoffrey and Diana. Continued to run the three aspects of C.E. Warren & Co. as building contractors, sanitary engineers and monumentalists for eighteen years until voluntary liquidation in 1941 when he left Hong Kong. Became manager of William Jack’s subsidiary in Penang until Japanese invasion in 1942. Attended 101 Special Training School Malaya for an Emergency Commission. Was then at the Fall of Singapore. Escaped to Batavia and onwards from there in a fishing boat to Ceylon, where his youngest brother was a planter. Immediately posted to Meerut with the Royal Engineers. He died there of disease and privations shortly after being promoted to Captain in May 1943.
- Leslie Beal WARREN [1900-1943] parent of Diana WARREN [1926- ]
- Leslie Beal WARREN [1900-1943] parent of Geoffrey Beal WARREN [1925-????]
- Leslie Beal WARREN [1900-1943] child of Charles Edward WARREN [1872-1923]
- Leslie Beal WARREN [1900-1943] child of Hannah Mabel WARREN (née OLSON) [1880-1966]
- Leslie Beal WARREN [1900-1943] spouse of Cicely Beatrice Dangerfield WARREN (née TAYLOR) [1901-1970]