In the middle picture on the left, one can see a children playground. Behind it there were two buildings. The left one is a public toilet. Not sure what the right one is. There were economy restaurants which popped up after the war to serve cheap food. The right building looks more like another toilet. It is not likely the restaurant because the following photo shows that the restaurant had no second floor:
The following picture shows the restaurant on Hennessy road in the 1940s or 1950s.
The mostly disappeared in the 1960s. This one on Southorn playground was replaced by the Family Planning Society building as shown in this picture in 1963:
The bottom picture on the left is the air view of the buildings in 1949.