Le Calvaire / St Paul's Primary School, Happy Valley [1907- ]
"The School was originally an orphanage in the name of “Le Calvaire” operated under “Sisters of St. Paul de Chartres”. It was completed in late 1907 and opened on 6 January 1908 by the then Governor, Sir Frederick Lugard accompanied by Bishop Pozzoni. During the Japanese Occupation, the site was once used as a police station and a jail.
In 1946, the orphanage ceased to operate and the building was used as a primary school from then on. The present name of the School, St. Paul’s Primary Catholic School, was adopted in 1960. It was accorded a Grade 2 status by the Antiquities Advisory Board in 1992 and is currently a proposed Grade 2 Historic Building under the assessment exercise of 1,444 historic buildings."