Everything tagged "1950 Military Installations Closed Areas" | Gwulo: Old Hong Kong

Everything tagged "1950 Military Installations Closed Areas"

Naval Station, Cheung Chau [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "The derelict house known as “Westward Ho” and the grounds thereof situated on the island of Cheung Chau."

Pak Fu Shan Observation Post [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "An area enclosed by a circular wire fence of approximately 50 yds. radius with a military observation post at the centre."

Sandy Ridge Observation Post [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "An area enclosed by a circular wire fence of approximately 50 yds. radius with a military observation post at the centre."

Clearwater Bay Peninsula [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "That part of the Clearwater Bay Peninsula which lies South and East of a line (indicated by a post and wire fence) running across the Peninsula from shore to shore and crossing the Clearwater Bay Road at point 673037."

Shing Mun Road [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "All that area included within a line drawn at a distance of fifty yards from each side of the Shing Mun Road from point 505092 to point 527107."

Tat Tak [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "The camp known as Tat Tak in the place locally known as Fong Yuen, San Hui, and including Lots Nos. 153 and 154 in D.D. 131."

Tate’s Cairn Camp [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "The area of land lying to the North of the military road in the vicinity of Tate’s Cairn and enclosed by a line joining points 612077, 615078, 612078 and 615079."

China Light & Power, Taipo [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "West of the Taipo Road and about 1/2 mile South of Island House, Taipo Inland Lot No. 13 together with Lots 24-26 and and 34-38 in D.D. 32 and an area of adjacent Crown land surrounded by a wire fence."

Arculli’s Camp [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "At Lok Lo Ha, comprising (a) Lots Nos. 385, 388, 393, (b) the ex-Wah Kiu School on Lots 381-384, (c) the Ming Wu Hotel on Lots 371-374, 376 all sur­rounded by wire, and (d) to­gether with a wired area of Crown land lying between the causeway and the Railway at at Fo Tan."

Cafeteria Camp / Gordon Camp [????- ]

Described in the 1950 Military Installations Closed Areas document as "The military camp situated North of the Castle Peak Road between 18th and 19th mile stones consisting of permanent buildings, Nissen huts and tents. Also the car and plant park South of the road. The areas are bounded by a wire fence."

Pages

Subscribe to Everything tagged "1950 Military Installations Closed Areas"