Text on Flickr:
The monument to the men of Fronde, erected at the junction of Jordan Road and Gascoigne Road in 1920s, commemorates five brave Frenchmen on board the torpedo boat, Fronde, who had given their lives to save civilians in a typhoon on 18th September, 1906. The last one erected in March 1969.
Note: the monument was alreday erected in 1908. <Read more ...>
Date picture taken (to nearest decade for older photos):