Edgehill [????- ]
Elizabeth Ride describes living here between 1935-1940. She remembers the building was named 'Edgehill', one word, and believes it was built in the 1920s. At that time the address was "12, The Peak".
|c||Silas||David Hai||Assistant||D. Sassoon & Co. Ld.||Edgehill||6a||The Peak|
But this 1909 map of the Peak doesn't show any sign of 'Edgehill' or '6a'. On that map, number 6 is Bishop's Lodge, so if we assume 6a was close to Bishop's Lodge, that puts it in the same location as the Elizabeth's building.
There's another entry in the 1919 Peak Directory, but it's a different address again:
|1919||Arthur||Capt.||T.||Edge Hill||10||The Peak|
Then this 1924 map shows a building in the right place. The street numbering has changed, and the plot (RBL 130) is now named "Edge Hill", at number 12, The Peak.
This photo shows a flat empty area where Elizabeth's building will stand. Is it the site where an earlier building had been demolished? Elizabeth points out the '1937' date for this photo is wrong, as the house she lived in was standing then. It's not clear if it was taken before or after the 1924 map was drawn.
Further research needed!