A look at the latest additions to Gwulo...
- Following on from last week's note about the origin of the CEMCL bricks found above Taikoo, Chinarail adds more information about their manufacturer: The Chinese Engineering & Mining Company ( CEMCo.)
- Readers' memories:
- Upgrade update: I’ve been working on how we’ll store photos on the new website. An upgrade is a chance to step back and see what can be improved, so there a couple of changes in store. Please see the video below for details (or if it doesn’t show up in your email, please click this link to see it on Youtube).
Japanese wartime tunnels
Thanks to Maxwell C for adding their locations, and the videos he's taken inside them.
- Japanese Tunnel "Marker Stone Cave" [????- ], Beacon Hill
- Japanese Tunnel "T" [????- ], between Lion Rock and Sha Tin Pass
- Japanese Tunnel Network [????- ], near Railway Pass
- Japanese Tunnel Network "H" [????- ], Unicorn Ridge
- Wartime tunnel above SKW East (upper) service reservoir [????- ]
Hong Kong island
- Old Section of Bowen Road [????- ], fenced off but still visible
- C. Block / Cassels Block, Victoria Barracks / Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre [????- ]
- Scandal Point
- Stewart Road ferry pier [1956-c.1970]
- Stanley Camp internees:
Click to see all recently added photos.