William LYSAUGHT [1836-1910]
His death was reported in The Hong Kong Telegraph, 1910-06-24, page 12:
Death of Mr Wm. Lysaught
An Old Hongkong Resident
The death took place at his residence this morning of Mr William Lysaught, an old Hong Kong resident. He was a native of Newmarket, County Cork, in Ireland, and was born in 1836. He came to Hongkong in 1864 and therefore been a continuous resident in the Colony for close on fifty years. The late Mr Lysaught never once left Hongkong since his arrival here forty-six years ago. For thirty years, during 1864-1894, Mr Lysaught was in the service of the Naval Yard Police, retiring into private life after his long service in the Naval Yard. Mr Lysaught suffered from an affection of the heart to which he succumbed this morning.
The funeral took place this afternoon. The remains of the late Mr Lysaught were laid to rest in the Roman Catholic cemetery at Happy Valley. Numerous floral tributes and the large circle of friends at the grave side testified to the esteem in which deceased was held.
- William LYSAUGHT [1836-1910] parent of Maria Antonia RAMSEY (née LYSAUGHT, aka Marian/Marion/Marianne) [1870-????]
- William LYSAUGHT [1836-1910] parent of John Joseph LYSAUGHT [1875-1918]
- William LYSAUGHT [1836-1910] parent of Elizabeth Johanna GIBSON (née LYSAUGHT) [1871-1946]
- William LYSAUGHT [1836-1910] spouse of Isabella / Isabel Rosa DIXON / LYSAUGHT (née PEREIRA) [c.1841-1917]
- William LYSAUGHT [1836-1910] parent of Kathleen WALTERS (née LYSAUGHT) [????-1919]