Chapter 5 : Firecrackers, funerals, and flames
Booth notes that behind the Fourseas Hotel:
"across the road from the rear of the Fourseas was a pro-Communist secondary school which occupied a triangular plot between Emma, Julia and Soares Avenues"
The triangular plot is still there, but the school has long gone and the space is occupied by a residential block called "Wing Ying Mansions".
Also mentioned are a Kwun Yam Temple - which by the 1950's had already been moved to 90 Shantung Street. It was previously located at Tai Shek Kwu, near Ho Man Tin village, before being demolished in 1926.
This chapter also mentions the Ho Man Tin squatter area fire and is also the point at which the family move out of the hotel to live in rented premises at 133 Boundary Street.