R.A.F. Little Sai Wan ex Cave Window

Wed, 09/09/2015 - 04:27

About half way down the camp road, at the spot where it is closest to the ridge line, there was in 1958 a short and shallow tunnel leading to a man-made cave that overlooked the sea.  Although a girder supporting the cut and cover roof had 'Dorman and Long, Middlesborough' on it, the look-out post was almost certainly a Japanese one. Deemed to be unsafe, it was demolished and all that remains is a shallow cutting leading to the cliff top.  It is now used as probably their only access by people who go fishing off the rocks.  

Date picture taken