Fanling Golf Course [1911- ]
Notes from the Hong Kong Golf Club website:
Between 1906 and 1910 E.R. Halifax was the District Officer North at Taipo and he used to shoot and walk over Fanling. With his foresight and a few others, protracted negotiations took place with the Government and local farmers to secure sufficient land to build a full 18 holes. This was in 1911.
The Club then gradually moved from strength to stength. The Old Course was laid by the end of 1911 and additional land was acquired in the late 1920's for the New Course which was opened for play in November 1931.