When Beato took this photo in March 1860, I believed he was standing somewhere at Government House. There was a building under construction (left hand side of the photo) which was located higher than St. john Cathedral and government office. Could it be St. John Place? If not, what was it?
St. John's Place?
Submitted by hfsiu
Date picture taken (may be approximate):
Thursday, March 1, 1860
- St. John's Place? shows Place Central Government Offices [1848-1955]
- St. John's Place? shows Place St John's Cathedral [1849- ]
- St. John's Place? shows Place Murray House - Murray Barracks Officer's Mess [1846-1982]
- St. John's Place? shows Place Murray Barracks [c.1846-1962]
- St. John's Place? shows Place HSBC Manager's House and Sub-Manager's House - IL 580 [1861-1935]