Rosary Church, Kowloon [1905- ] | Gwulo: Old Hong Kong
Pre-order the new Gwulo book to get special pricing, free shipping, and signed copies.

Rosary Church, Kowloon [1905- ]

Current condition: 
In use
Date Place completed: 
1905-01-01

Read about its history on the church website.

Tags: 

Photos that show this place

Comments

The Church of the Holy Rosary is in 125 Chatham Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. It is the oldest Catholic church in Kowloon.  It was built in 1905 with funds donated by Anthony Gomes, a Portuguese Catholic. There were many Portuguese living there at that time.  It was built in the Gothic style. On completion it was consecrated to Our Lady of Pompeii, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, following the wishes of Dr Gomes.