Thanks to regular contributor Moddsey for this compilation of photos showing the old Traffic-Police Pagodas through the years.
The first photo is from the 1920s. It shows the corner of Pedder Street and Queen's Road Central, with Wyndham (Flower St) on the left. Note the Chinese policeman with the black and white traffic stave (2 1/2 feet long). Traffic police were armed with traffic staves for the first time on 21 November 1922 for the pupose of signalling traffic to halt at busy road junctions. (Source: HK Daily Press 22 November 1922).
1920s Star Ferry, Praya Central:
1930s Pedder Street:
1930s Ice House Street:
1950s Jordan Road Ferry Pier:
1950s Nathan Road near Chung King Arcade. Platform with no pagoda:
1960s Nathan Road, Sun Ya Hotel:
1960s Probably Magazine Gap Road and Peak Road:
1960s Connaught Road Central:
1960s Nathan Road at Salisbury Road:
1990s Police Museum: