Shouson Hill AA Battery [1930- ]
Additional notes from Rob Weir:
Date of last visit: Jul-98
Other: Referred to in equipment lists as Deepwater Bay AA.
- 1935: 2 x 3” 20 cwt AA guns. (ADM 116/3490).
- 1936: 2 x 3” 20 cwt AA guns. (CAB 11/196).
- 1939: 2 x 3” 20 cwt AA guns. (WO 106/2379).
- 1941: Reference to old AA position on Shouson Hill being occupied by enemy. (WO 106/2401).
- 1998: Gun positions and ramp remained, heavily overgrown, in an isolated position.
- 2015: As for 1998. (HK Lands Dept. Aerial photographs).
For a background to these notes, and a glossary of terms used, please see http://gwulo.com/node/24630
Original notes from tonyb:
According to Wikipedia and other sources, there was some military activity on top of this hill.
According to this map (see bottom of document), there are some ruins there:
Access seems to be available from the west. Looking at google maps, thats also where US Consulate staff quarters are; I wonder how hard it will be to get up there and explore.