English Methodist Church, Kennedy Road (1st generation) [1893-1964]
Hongkong Telegraph July 22, 1889 - pg 2 col 1
The Wesleyan Chapel, No. 127 Wellington Street, has been licensed as a place for the celebration of marriages.
From an old version of the church website:
The history of this Church began in 1885 when an application for a Wesleyan Chapel for sailors and soldiers were submitted.
The chapel was officially opened on Sunday, May 20th 1893 - the beginning of the English Methodist Church, also known as the Garrison Church, or the Military Chapel.
Wesleyan Chapel (IL 1316) Accepting the site offered by Govenment for the erection of 21.11.1892 (Public Records Office)
1894 - Directory and Chronicle
A small Wesleyan chapel stands at the junction of Queen's Road and Kennedy Road.