awarded grade II listing:
Wan Chai Police Station (灣仔警署), also known as No. 2 Police Station
(二號差館) or Eastern Police Station, is situated at No. 123 Gloucester Road.
It was built in 1932 to replace the old No. 2 Police Station which was constructed in 1868 at the junction of Wan Chai Road and Johnston Road (Praya East Road). The existing police station is located on land reclaimed under the Praya East Reclamation Scheme (1921-1929). In its early years, it served not only as a police station, but also a garage for fire brigade, and police officers’ hostel. The building was heavily bombarded during the Japanese invasion of 1941 and had to be substantially renovated before operation was resumed. It is currently used as the Wan Chai District Headquarters and District Station.