Clavadel - RBL 6 (portion) [1893-????]
Public Records Office
Clavadel was erected in 1893 by Clement Palmer, of the firm of Palmer and Turner, as a dwelling for himself. In that year the property was valued at $720 and attracted a quarterly rate of $19.35.
by 1941 "Clavadel" was valued at $2,580 and rated at 4109.65 a quarter. It was then owned by a Mr. H.R. Forsyth about whom no details are known.
(Ed. Mr. Forsyth died defending Hong Kong - see below)