Repulse Bay Road [Wong Nai Chung Gap to junction with Island Road] [1924- ]
The road was originally a project to link Gap Road to Repulse Bay. Initial work began in 1919, and is mentioned in the PWD's report for that year:
(h.) Road contouring hillside in Wongneichong and Tai Hang Valleys.—This road was undertaken for the purpose of opening up building sites in the two valleys mentioned, in addition to providing a motor route to the Hill District and a short route to Deep Water and Repulse Bays. A contract for the first section of it, extending from Gap Road to the Taitam Tunnel outlet at the east end of Bowen Road, was let to Messrs. Wing Lee & Co. in March and substantial progress had been made by the close of the year.
The section from Wong Nai Chung Gap down to the junction with Island Road was built over three years:
- 1922: Work began. (See item 106.d, 1922 PWD AR)
- 1923: "about half a mile" at the bottom end completed, (See item 120.d, 1923 PWD AR)
- 1924: Finished. (See item 124.d, 1924 PWD AR)