Yamakawa Hotel (aka Nagasaki Joe Hotel) [????-????]
The Yamakawas operated an establishment at 47 Praya East from 1917. The name of the establishment is not mentioned. It was later known as the Yamakawa Hotel from 1920 and located at the same address. With the completion of the Praya East Reclamation and changing of the road names in Wanchai in 1930, the address given for the Yamakawa Hotel was 70 Johnston Road.
In 1933, the Yamakawa Hotel was re-located to the ground floors at 62-63 Gloucester Road and in 1936 the hotel was renamed the Nagasaki Joe Hotel.