Jordan Road [c.1895- ]
Named after: Sir John Jordan, the British Minister to China from 1906 to 1920
Details: Jordan Road is about 1,7 km (1,1 miles) long and runs from Ferry Point to Gascoigne Road
The street was built in several phases and renamed later
- 1895 (approximately): Street first laid out as Sixth Street (parallel to Fifth Street), from Yau Ma Ti shore to Station Street (later Shanghai Street)
- 1903: Gascoigne Road was constructed. The road bifurcates, one portion communicating with Sixth Street, Yaumati, and the other with an extension of Robinson Road.
- 1905: Street from Robinson (Nathan) Road to Station (Shanghai) Street finished.
- 1909: Gascoigne Road South and Sixth Street renamed Jordan Road
Other points of interest:
Fronde Memorial (moved to Happy Valley Cemetery)
Jordan Road ferry pier #1 [1932-????] (demolished 1996)