The Monument (1st location) [1908-c.1959]
Notes from Moddsey:
The Monument was a granite obelisk that was erected at the corner of Gascoigne and Jordan Roads in memory of the French sailors who lost their lives as a result of the foundering of the Torpeo Boat 'Fronde' near the Torpedo Depot, Kowloon during the great typhoon of 18 September 1906. During the 1950s, the Monument was re-located to the 'Colonial' Cemetery in Happy Valley.
More info in this blog about the historical connections between Hong Kong and France.