|Pre-order the new Gwulo book today to get
special price, free shipping, signed copies, and a free sample
Details and how to order
Tai Ping Theatre (1st generation) [1904-1930]
The Heritage Museum say it was it was built in 1904:
Erected between Queen’s Road West and Des Voeux Road West in Western
District in 1904, the three-storey Tai Ping Theatre accommodated over
1,000 seats and was one of the most well-established theatres in early 20th
century Hong Kong.
Moddsey dates the demolition to December 1930 (https://gwulo.com/comment/31626#comment-31626).
The second generation Tai Ping Theatre was built on the site.