The Netherlands India Commercial Bank Building, 16 Des Voeux Rd C. [1906-c.1930]
Site of of old Dent & Co 2nd Generation offices
In 1903 HK Land acquired the mortgage, which the company had extended to three local businessmen Poon Yan Chuen, Mak Yuen and Lo Man in 1890, to the centre portion of Dent & Co’s old offices
Completed new building by 1906
Architect was Palmer & Turner, last major building by Clement Palmer before retirement in 1907
Property sold to Chung Yuet Hing in 1921 for HKD742,000 who sold it to HSBC in 1924.
HK Land reaquired the building for HK$1375,000, together with the burned out portion of the Hong Kong hotel in 1928 and it became the Gloucester building in 1932
Source: HK Land at 125