Superintendents House [1885-c.1945]

Submitted by Herostratus on Sun, 05/22/2016 - 18:44
Current condition
Demolished / No longer exists
Date completed
(Day & Month are approximate.)
Date closed / demolished
(Day, Month, & Year are approximate.)

Photos that show this Place


The 1939 PWD AR reports that the building was converted into a temporary home for the new teachers' training college:

46.    Conversion of Superintendent’s Quarters, Government Civil Hospital into a Temporary Teachers’ Training Centre:—Alterations to the existing building to provide common rooms for men and women, lecture room, laboratory, handwork room, library and reading room, kitchen, offices and lavatories were commenced in June and completed in September.

The teachers left and moved into their proper home, the new Northcote Training College on Bonham Road, in 1941.