Eric Herbst MACNIDER [c.1911-1969]
Eric Mac Nider's nephew Keith talks about Eric on this thread: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stanley_camp/message/2065
- My grandparents died fairly early in the lives of Eric, Gladys and my father Stanley. Their father was an American called Stanley Corwin MacNider and their mother a German woman called Adelina Herbst. My father, Eric and Gladys were all born in Hong Kong.
- My Uncle Eric Mac Nider and his sibling Gladys Mac Nider were interned at Stanley. Both survived. My aunty kept living in HK until her death and my Uncle died in Adelaide, South Australia.
- My father and mother, Fay Mac Nider, were interned in Shanghai during the war. They went to Melbourne for a year or so where my matenral grandmother had moved and where my sister Fay was born. Then they went to Singapore and back to HK. My father became a police officer and we lived at Stanley! i was born in Devon when my father took leave. We came out to Australia in 1960.
- Eric Herbst MACNIDER [c.1911-1969] child of Adeline Gerhardine Helene MACNIDER (née HERBST, aka Lena) [1879-????]
- Eric Herbst MACNIDER [c.1911-1969] child of Stanley Corwine MACNIDER [c.1867-1917]