aerial photo 1945 part

Sun, 01/03/2021 - 02:35

This part of an aerial photograph taken by the R.A.F. in 1945 is intended to show the pre-war and wartime installations at Little Sai Wan.  It is believed that the camp road was put in by the japanese who maintained a small wireless unit on the site of the pre-war British one.  The zig zag path up the ridge was probably built by the British to connect the Lyon Light engine/generator house on the coast with the Lyon Light building higher up on the ridge (still there in 2020).

Date picture taken
1 Oct 1945