Today's SCMP article
If you're visiting for the first time after reading the article in today's SCMP, hello! Here are links to the other resources mentioned in the article:
- Collection of 'then & now' photos of HK on Flickr from Lee Chi-man (aka 'HK-Man').
- Tunnels built by the Japanese during their occupation of Hong Kong.
- Jack Tam Wai-kai's collection on Flickr.
- A Yahoo group dedicated to wartime Hong Kong.
- Philip Kenny's blog. The spiffy new version is over here, but I don't think everything has been moved yet, so it's also worth checking the old version. (Eagle-eyed readers will recognise Philip as 'philk' on gwulo.com)
- Tony Banham's Hong Kong War Diary.
Thanks to writer Christopher DeWolf for proposing, then writing this article. I hope it helps raise the profile of using web-based tools to help gather and share information about Hong Kong's history.
You can find out more about Christopher on his 'URBANPHOTO' website. He's also posted up a copy of the article there, in case you don't have access to the copy on the SCMP website. (Alas, only the version on the SCMP website includes the photo of my knees!).