Everything tagged: Pedder Street

Pedder Building [1924- ]

Submitted by 80sKid on Fri, 03/05/2010 - 15:45

Pedder Building (畢打行) was built in 1923 by the architectural firm of Palmer and Turner. In the pre-Second World War period, most tenants were foreign commercial firms with their headquarters or branches set up in Central. Most tenants evacuated before the Japanese Occupation (1941-1945), and consequently the Japanese and Chinese firms moved in. The building remained intact during the Occupation, and it has always functioned as a commercial building for shops and offices.