Probably built in the 1920s, No. 54 Village Road (山村道) is one of the oldest buildings in the district. It is a three-storey structure above a garage at street level. When it was built development restrictions limited the height of new buildings in the area to three storeys and only houses of European type were allowed. The early history of the building is rather obscure, but it is believed that the developer of No. 54 and adjacent lots was the United Land Investment Company Limited. The administrator of the Company was Mr. Ho Lui Hap (何侶俠).
Everything tagged: mansion
The four-storey house at No. 15 Yuk Sau Street (毓秀街) was built in circa 1931-1932. The earliest recorded owner of the house was Mr. Sam Gock Hon Son (郭漢順, alias Gock Wai Sam 郭偉三), an overseas Chinese who owned a firm at No. 21 Connaught Road in Central at the time. After the death of Mr. Gock in 1941, the property was inherited by his wife Gock Lum King-yock (郭林瓊玉). It was subsequently sold to Mr.