The West Kowloon Reclamation Project began in 1990 as part of the Airport Core Programme, which required a replacement for the original typhoon shelter. The new typhoon shelter was built to the west of the original one, and was completed in 1992.<Read more ...>
This photo shows the old Causeway Bay Typhoon shelter. It's attributed to 1962, but the date should be 1955 or 1956. The Typhoon shelter was reclamed 1956/57 to become Victoria Park (opened 1957). Date confirmed. see David's comment below.
The rounded house right hand side on the hill (at the bend of Tai Hang Road) is Grandview Mansion, first occupied 1/1955.